As one of the most highly-respected, collaborative universities and research institutions in the world, Vanderbilt University is committed to equipping the next generation of engineering leaders.
Fueled by the academic innovation coming out of our own esteemed graduate engineering degrees, Vanderbilt University School of Engineering (VUSE) produces accomplished and ethical professionals whose careers leverage their Vanderbilt experience to perpetuate real-world impact.
As you consider obtaining a master's degree in engineering, it's important to consider A) what institution is going to prepare you to meet your professional goals and B) which graduate engineering degree is right for you.
Why you should choose Vanderbilt School of Engineering:
At Vanderbilt University School of Engineering, we know that you have a variety of options when it comes to choosing where you will obtain your graduate degree in engineering. With this in mind, here are 10 reasons you should choose the Vanderbilt engineering community.
- Our School of Engineering is fueled by innovation and academic excellence.
- We produce principled professionals who go on to secure lucrative engineering careers.
- Our engineering teaching professionals are experts in their respective fields.
- All Vanderbilt engineering students secure paid internships prior to graduation.
- Research in engineering is a focal point of our community.
- We foster an intimate learning environment with small class sizes.
- We are committed to diversity.
- We offer practical options for financing your graduate degree.
- VUSE provides ongoing professional learning initiatives and workforce training programs.
- Vanderbilt University’s hometown of Nashville, Tennessee is an exciting city where new things are always happening and where engineering students go on to make a difference.
Which engineering degree is right for you?
The influences of engineering are far reaching, and it is important to distinguish between the types of engineering and explore how the different branches improve the quality of life for millions around the globe.
At Vanderbilt School of Engineering, we offer a variety of respected graduate engineering degrees for future leaders in the field.
You can explore each of our engineering degrees by clicking on the program name below:
M.Eng., M.S., Ph.D. in biomedical engineering
M.Eng., M.S., Ph.D. in civil engineering
M.Eng. in civil engineering (construction management)
M.Eng., M.S., Ph.D. in environmental engineering
M.S., Ph.D. in computer science
M.S. in computer science (online)
M.Eng. in cyber-physical systems
M.S., Ph.D. in electrical engineering
M.Eng. in engineering management
M.S., Ph.D. in materials science
M.S., Ph.D. in mechanical engineering
M.Eng. in risk, reliability and resilience engineering
M.Eng. in surgery and intervention
Ready to join a community of visionaries at Vanderbilt School of Engineering? Explore our resource library!
Diverse, innovative and collaborative — there are many ways to describe the community of driven engineering experts learning with and from one another at Vanderbilt University School of Engineering, but most importantly, we are dedicated to preparing the field’s future thought leaders to drive positive change in the world.